Prepare online with essay examples, formal letters, descriptions, proposals, reports and tips...Free resources. Examwriting is a blog focused on delivering free materials for self-preparation. If you need to take IELTS, FCE, CAE or TOEFL, you have come to the right place. Plenty of essay examples, formal or informal letters, reports, descriptions are at your disposal.

FCE Story  Last Sentence - After all that, I have never been on another holiday 

Sample Answer


One year ago I was on holiday with my parents. We were on an island and in the centre of its centre was placed a big lighthouse to guide the ships.

On the second day of our holiday, in the afternoon, I was relaxing in my room, waiting for dinner time. I was bored, so I decided to go for a walk. I made my way to the forest. 30 or 40 minutes later I reached the lighthouse. That meant I was very far away from the hotel we were staying in. I was very interested in the huge tower. It was getting dark and I thought to myself it would be better to go back rather than get into the lighthouse. But when I turned around, I realised I had lost my way. Then I heard a dog’s barking and decided to go inside as it was safer. 

It was dark and cold in the lighthouse. I heard a strange noise. A gust of wind went through my hair. I shuddered. I heard the noise again, than the dog’s barking. I shouted, “Is there someone?” Nobody answered me. I was very scared, so I sat on the ground in one corner and fell asleep. 

When I woke up in the morning, I was freezing and I found my way to the hotel as fast as I could. My parents were very scared and worried for me. My mom told me, “ We sent the police to look for you!”. We were all very happy that I was saved. 

I was so scared after all that I have never been on another holiday from that day to this! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib