Prepare online with essay examples, formal letters, descriptions, proposals, reports and tips...Free resources. Examwriting is a blog focused on delivering free materials for self-preparation. If you need to take IELTS, FCE, CAE or TOEFL, you have come to the right place. Plenty of essay examples, formal or informal letters, reports, descriptions are at your disposal.


Task: Describe an ideal house




The ideal house is for me such a place where I will always get comfort, peace and rest. 

What will my house be like? I close my eyes and see it in front of me at once. First of all, it is overlooking the sea. The sea is my passion. I want every day to breathe and feel the smell of it and hear the black-headed gulls. There’s no need to use any transport to get to the city from the house, because it will take you only a ten minutes’ walk. That’s very important for me because all my life I am dependent on something else – for example, the buses. 

It is two storeys high. There’s a huge garden in front of it. Its interior depends on the light and warmth. I come in and find myself in a small hall leading to the living – room. The living room is decorated all in wood. There is a fireplace, in the middle of it. It smells nice here. The kitchen is next to it. You can get there through a “secret” door – you have to press button on the wall and you’ll be in the kitchen which is a big one, decorated all in white. When I look around I see the newest devices (that are useful). All is in order, put in the right place. A door leads to the dining – room. It’s a spacious one with a big round wooden table and comfortable chairs. Everywhere there are beautiful flowers and windows so that it always smells of fresh air. From the dining – room a spiral staircase is going up to the second floor. There are bedrooms of all of my family – two for each of my children and a big one for my husband and me. Every bedroom has a huge terrace with a lot of flowers and overlooking the sea. On that floor there is another huge room which is our library – with a lot of books, magazines and a big computer. 

I love listening to music and there is a sound system which helps to hear music in every room in the house. 

I open my eyes. Will my ideal house stay only in my dreams or will it become true? Well, only the time will tell!

2 comments:

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib