Prepare online with essay examples, formal letters, descriptions, proposals, reports and tips...Free resources. Examwriting is a blog focused on delivering free materials for self-preparation. If you need to take IELTS, FCE, CAE or TOEFL, you have come to the right place. Plenty of essay examples, formal or informal letters, reports, descriptions are at your disposal.

Informal letter model answer – Writing letter to a friend giving him advice on how to spend money





Dear Sam,

I’m so happy that I’m finally hearing from you. It’s so nice to understand that you’ve managed to save some money – I envy you. But I also realise how confused you must feel in front of this dilemma.

Firstly, I’m not sure that spending the money on an expensive holiday is the best decision you can make. Of course, everybody needs to have a rest; so do you. I know pretty well that you had a busy year at school and you were under stress. It will be great if you can relax from all this.

On the other hand, personally, I think it’s not better to put the money aside to buy a car. Isn’t there a good bus or train service where you live? If you have a car at college, your friends will take advantage of you while you will be giving them lifts.

In my opinion, it’s a good idea to spend part of the money on a cheap holiday, for example, somewhere in the countryside, and to put the other part aside for a used car. I don’t think that you’ll need a flashy new car as you won’t be driving long distances.

I’ll be happy if my suggestions appeal to you. Write to me and let me know what you have decided to do.

Best wishes,

Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib