Competitive sport popular or not? Sample Report
The aims of this report are as follows:
1. Indicate why the members of the sports centre are not taking part in competitive sports.
2. Suggest ideas for encouraging them to participate.
As a preparation for this report, I interviewed students in my college and other young people who have attended the sports centre recently.
The most common opinion among the people who were interviewed, appeared to be that most youngsters enjoy taking part in team sports as they find them social events. Unfortunately, it turned out that a lot of them like competitive sports, as well, but they find the price unreasonable. In addition to this, the changing rooms are considered not large enough, and the young people complain they don’t have enough space to change.
In my view, changes to improve the situation, should be made.
1. The price of participating in competitive sports should be reduced. That way more people will be able to afford it.
2. A greater variety of sports should be included in the programme, such as: football, volleyball and handball. Thus the sports centre will become a place which gathers youngsters with different interests.
3. The gyms and the changing rooms should be repaired and enlarged, so that everybody will be pleased while practising or preparing for the work-out.
In my view, these recommendations will lead to the popularisation not only of competitive sports, but of the sports centre as s whole.